Information for Parents and Carers
Mental Health and Wellbeing- Information for Parents and Carers
Please find a link below to the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families. This website has a wealth of information about mental health and wellbeing and how you can look after yourself as a parent alongside supporting your children.
Our Parents and Carers resources offer advice and guidance to help support the children and young people who may be struggling with poor mental health.
All of the resources have been co-produced with parents and carers, including the Centre’s Parent Champions and parents and carers from The Pears Family School, and content has been reviewed by the Centre’s clinical team before publishing. The resources compliment those created for young people which can be found on On My Mind with the following key aims:
- To support parents and carers who are trying to navigate the mental health system on behalf of or in support of a child or young person.
- To help parents and carers to stay connected with their child to find solutions together.
- To help parents and carers communicate to schools, colleges and extended family.
- To highlight the importance of looking after yourself as a parent or carer.
- To signpost to trusted organisations who may help support a child or young person and their family and advocate on their behalf.
Conflict and separation
Self-care for Parents and Carers
Child in Mind
We’ve produced a series of expert podcasts to help parents understand and manage child and family mental health problems.
My Wellbeing College- Keighley
Qwell- Free, safe and anonymous mental wellbeing support for adults across the UK
At Worth Valley Primary School, safeguarding is of paramount importance. We are committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children and staff in school.