Welcome to Year 3 Beavers.
“Year 3 is the ‘Fun factory’ we learn lots of fun things” SG 20/21
In Maths this term we are learning Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.
We are working towards :
- I can add and subtract numbers mentally, including:
a three-digit number and ones
a three-digit number and tens
a three-digit number and hundreds
- I can add numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition
- I can subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar subtraction
- I can estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers
- I can solve problems, including missing number problems, using number facts, place value, and more complex addition and subtraction.
- I can recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables
- I can write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that I know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods
- I can solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division, including positive integer scaling problems and correspondence problems in which n objects are connected to m objects.
This half term we are looking at ‘Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles’ by Rupert Kingfisher. We are focusing on learning how to write instructional texts and recipes. We will identify and explore the impact of adverbs in the story. We will also describe an edible using expanded noun phrases. We will look how Rupert Kingfisher uses foods to match and describe his characters. Finally, we will write a newspaper report to celebrate Madeline’s success or Monsieur Lard being a thief.
Last terms Art work following the techniques of Vincent Van Gogh.
At Worth Valley Primary School, safeguarding is of paramount importance. We are committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children and staff in school.