Information for Parents and Carers
Hi, I’m Mrs Tonya Barnes, I’m the parental involvement worker here at school. My role in school is to support you and your family.
Please feel free to pop in to see me anytime. If I’m not available, please make an appointment. I can offer help on many things.
I am able to refer to other agencies for example a health visitor or school nurse if you are worried about your child’s health, stronger families if you would like support looking for work. If you are financially struggling I can support you. There is help available, please just ask.
Alternatively if you would like a brew and a listening ear, that’s what I am here for.
It would be lovely to see you.
Groups currently running in school
Toddler group runs every Thursday morning, 9:15am – 11:00am
Coffee, cake and crafts- (Female only group)
Every Tuesday 9.15-11.30
Referrals are made to various agencies to support our children, parents and carers
Some of these are:
- Pass on preloved items (popi)- Clothes and items
- Families first
- School Nursing Team
- Health Visitor
- Good Shepherd Centre- Support with furniture and clothes
- Project 6- Charity to support with drug and alcohol abuse
- Freedom Project- Offers support for both victims and survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Salvation Army- Food bank, toddler groups and citizens advice drop in sessions
- Homestart- They offer help from trained volunteers to families when they are struggling. They offer support in families’ homes on a weekly basis which means that children, parents and volunteers can build up a strong relationship and work towards making things better.
- Stronger Families- Support from specialists on health and wellbeing, debt issues, housing advice, budgeting and benefits advice, preparation for work with CV and job-searching support, opportunities for work placements and building skills.
NSPCC Pantosaurus Song
At Worth Valley Primary School, safeguarding is of paramount importance. We are committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children and staff in school.